Photo of the first church at Holly. It was a Methodist church built in 1859 by pioneer families. The building was largely the work of Mahlon Srigley and his sons, Robert being the only qualified builder in the settlement. He made the window sashes by hand. Services were conducted in this building for over 40 years. 1951 Historical Review p. 2.