Alcona Beach Public School, located on what is today 967 Innisfil Beach Rd. Built in 1954 to relieve the pressure on #8 Nantyr due to growth in the Alcona area. During construction the contractor met with financial difficulties and building further suffered from the aftermath of Hurricane Hazel. The pupils were relocated to temporary classrooms in a dance hall at the lakeshore with inadequate insulation and heating. Construction was completed in early 1955, but the school was closed once Goodfellow School opened at Lot 25 N.H. Conc. 9.