A photo of the Cookstown United Church cemetery. which was taken from Highway 27. The photo shows a fence along the entrance, which is no longer there as of 2015, and two large fir trees in the cemetery. The edge of the Cookstown United Church Cemetery sign is also visible on the far left side of the photo. The cemetery was previously known as the Lewis Cemetery, named for the soldier David Lewis, one of the area's earliest settlers, who arrived in 1826 and moved his family there in 1829. A Methodist church once stood at the east end of the cemetery lot.