Photo taken in approximately 1905 showing the front exterior of Couse's Store, owned by Mr. and Mrs. Henry Couse. The sign on the left side of the store reads H. Couse with the words grain, seeds, flour, feed, groceries, fruits, and provisions listed on either side to declare the type of goods sold there. Additionally the store had an ice cream parlour in a small room on its west side, as well as coal and oil for lamps and stoves in a third room behind the parlour. The Couse family lived above the building. Henry Couse purchased the store in 1900 for $895. The first storey of the building is lined with a covered porch along its entire length with a covered balcony on the second storey, which was where the family lived. The roof is lined with decorative spandrels and trim. Pictured in the photo are Mrs. Couse and her daughter Margaret seated on the second storey balcony, with Jack Couse, Alpine Couse, and Henry Couse standing on the wooden boardwalk in front of the store. The family dog, Bugle, is standing next to Henry, and hitched to a buggy left of Jack is the family horse, Bessie. A white hitching post is also visible on the far right. Mr. and Mrs. Couse, followed by their son Jack, ran the store from 1900-1955.