Presented at the Official opening day May 3, 1973 : "We must never forget our history. From it we learn about the century-old forces which fashioned us into the kind of people we are today. It is to be hoped that this new school will serve as a contant reminder to those proud early days when brave men carved out of the wilderness what has become a fast growing community. The Goodfellow family has made a significcant contribution to the educational system of the Township of Innisfil for over 100 years. Joseph Goodfellow was elected trustee of School Section number 11 in 1870. He figured prominantly in the meeting prior to that time and is recorded as taking an active part in the nominations of the School Board's first trustees in 1863, setting an example of dedication and concern which he passed on to his sons Mathew and William. Joseph Goodfellow, born in Bradford, settled in Innisfil in 1856 with only an axe and cow. He cleared the land which was to remain in the family for four generations. The Goodfellow farm adjoined the land upon which the new school is erected. Generations of Goodfellows have participated in the community and church affairs of the Township. In 1911, William was one of the first provisional directors of the Stroud Telephone Company and through his effort, interest, and preseverence was instrumental in the formation and continuance of the company. From 1922-1925 he served the township on the executive of the Ontario Education Association where he stressed the need for rural school improvement. In 1946 when S.S. #11 joined Area #2, William Goodfellow's son Roy followed his grandfather's example by sitting on the school board as chairman for 11 years. As the Goodfellows established a tradition of education and service, so the naming of the new school will present a proud example for children of the future to follow."