Historic plaque in front of the Knock schoolhouse, located at the intersection of the 10th Sideroad and the 9th Concession. The plaque also features an early image of the school building, as well as the logos of the Town of Innisfil and the County of Simcoe. The sign reads: "Knock", the Gaelic word for "hill", was named by William Hunter after the birthplace of his father in Dumfriesshire, Scotland. The first log school (S.S. #15) was built at Knock in 1870 and replaced by a brick school in 1901. This is the building that presently stands on this site. The school's first teacher was paid a salary of $125. Also located here were a Grange Hall, built in 1875, and a church built in 1880.