Photo of the "Crooked House" built by Mahlon Srigley (born 1808, died 1880) and his sons in the 1850s. Pictured is the front of the home featuring a covered verandah with eleven women, presumably family members, standing or seated on the verandah posed for the photo. Mahlon Srigley and his wife Sarah Merrick (born 1811, died 1880) were pioneers in Innisfil. They had 12 children, of whom four sons and five daughters lived to adulthood. They included: Robert (married Isabella Stephenson), Sarah Ann (married Ben Smith), Lemuel (married Mary Miller), Rachel (married John Mitchell), Wellington (married Jane McGill), Emma (married Frances Wice), John (married Fanny Stephenson), and Lizzie (married Reverend Dr. Charles Taylor). The Srigley family, known as Quaker loyalists, migrated to Canada in 1788 to Pelham Township, Niagara, from Bucks Co., Pennsylvania. The eldest son, Robert settled on a farm in Newmarket and the farm lane today is known as Srigley Street. The first church in Holly, a Methodist church, was built of logs in 1859 on South Half Lot 3, Concession 12, and was largely the work of Mahlon Srigley and his sons. Lemuel and John farmed all their lives at Holly (now a part of Barrie) and many descendants still live in the Innisfil and Barrie area.